Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Updating the blogosphere

Wow. I haven't posted in quite awhile. Not like me. Much has been happening. Here is the proverbial rundown:
  • Tracy and I have separated. It was a mutual decision, albeit an unhappy one. We both believe it's for the best. Not sure what else to say, other than that it has been a long time coming.
  • I have moved into my own place. The bachelor pad is getting settled nicely. Room for me and my kids, plus Lilly and Sunshine. It is an adjustment, but it has been nice.
  • I have a publisher in Oklahoma that is very interested in my novel. It is far from finished, so I am trying to ease back into writing mode. Gotta finish the dang thing either way. Nevertheless, it is an awesome feeling to have received my very first publishing contract.
  • Midlands Tech teaching is going great. I will be teaching again in the Spring and I am very excited about that. Now I have no date for the Christmas party. May take my daughters.
  • The Freelance writing is slow going, but going. I have picked up another local publication and Columbia Metropolitan is going to let me write some pieces for them in 2011.
  • Work at Jamestown Coffee can hardly be called work. I am having the time of my life. 
  • I have taken up tennis. It is great. Much safer than wrestling, and I am starting to get my game back. Although if I could just have one more match...
  • Class is gearing up for me again next Monday. Taking a seminar in poetry. I have been looking forward to this class. There is the heart of a poet in me somewhere.
Other than that, not much has been happening. HAHA! 
Post a Comment