Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Weighing In

This will not be a post about my actual physical weight. I have nothing significant to report yet. Although I just played outside with my dogs for about 30 minutes, and they dropped before I did. Four legs and all!

No, I would like to weigh in on the Health Care Reform that was signed into law today. Everyone has their own personal feelings about it. So do I. I am not going to debate the right-or-wrong of it all here. What I want to do is to publicly rebuke certain citizens of the US of A who have hurled racist, hatemonger assaults at various elected officials, and those religious fruitcakes who are now touting health care reform as the end of times.

Since the day of Jesus Christ's ascension into heaven in the book of Acts, mankind has at various times in history used some major social or political crisis as the catalyst of Christ's return as recorded in the Revelation. In our lifetime, the Jewish holocaust, rock-n-roll music, Roe v. Wade, Walter Mondale's run for President, September 11, 2001, President Obama's election, and now Health Care reform signed into law, have all been hailed as the end of society, the end of the world as we know it, and the end of mankind.

Oddly, mankind is still here. So are society and the world.

Now, in addition to Joe "You Lie" Wilson, GOP, Tea Party, and Evangelicals alike are demonstrating the most UN-American immature behavior since the 1960s. Spitting on public officials, yelling racist and hateful remarks, and protesting on the SC State House wearing a God Hates Fags t-shirts representing a Kansas church. And people ask me why I don't go to church anymore. I don't want to be labeled as one of these morons. I am NOT one of these morons. I am a totally different breed of moron.

Here is what I think EVERY responsible American should do: READ THE HEALTH CARE DOCUMENT and see what it says instead of listening to doom-and-gloom fear mongers. Think for yourself by doing your own research. After you have done that, form your own opinion. If you're still against Health Care reform, at least you will be informed and the rest of us will respect your opinion.

Here is what I think the rest of America should do: GROW UP.

Here is what I think Evangelicals should do: recall that Jesus Himself said, "NO ONE knows" when His return will be. Even He Himself did not know while He was on earth. Next time you feel the need to proclaim ends times prophecy, read the Bible first. Read the prophecies first. It just might help you be taken more seriously. K?

As for me and my house, we are just going to go on living our lives and thanking God that after 100 years of arguing and grandstanding, health care reform was passed. Why is anyone surprised? It was a campaign promise. Are we so accustomed to no one keeping campaign promises that we don't know how to react when a promise is actually kept?

And here is one more thing I want to get off my chest. One of my very best friends in the world is serving in Afghanistan even as we speak. To my knowledge, he does not support President Obama's policies. Instead of calling names and disrespecting the President of the United States, he is serving over there, away from his family, friends, church, and career. He is doing this so you who are numbered among the morons can act like the morons you are under the banner of freedom. Mind you he is not alone over there. Are we going to repeat the behavior towards those who served in Vietnam when the soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan return? If things keep going the way they are, it wouldn't surprise me to see these idiots (and you know who you are) spitting on our soldiers. God forbid it be so! The soldiers should spit on you.

Thus endeth the rant.
Post a Comment