Sunday, March 28, 2010

One Lump or Two?

Today is my last official day of unemployment. Tomorrow I officially begin my new duties as Second-in-Command of Jamestown Coffee Co. The process leading up to this day has been full of tests and in depth discussions. I will be working for my best friend in the world, and both of us wanted to be absolutely sure that this would work for both our benefits as well as protect our lifelong friendship.

I believe this is a good move for me. I have retail management experience as well as food service management in my background, and I was good at it. In addition to the day to day operation, I have also been given a voice for creative and operational input. This is something I have never had as a manager. 

And let me be frank, here. I absolutely LOVE coffee. Furthermore, Jamestown Coffee is not just any coffee. James has put a lot of time and energy to procure the very best coffee products out there. There is a lot for me to learn, but I am going to be surrounded by an exemplary team of individuals and I have known my boss since 2nd grade. We have worked together several times over the years, and it has always been a blast.

Stop by and have a cup of coffee....or several. 
Post a Comment