Thursday, September 10, 2009

Et Tu, Joe?

In all my years in SC, whether I was right, left, or moderate, I have always supported Joe Wilson. I have met him in person several times. Sat at his table during a church luncheon one time. He is a true gentleman and statesman. If one of his constituents asks for help, he helps, and he does it quickly. He has been a true servant of SC for many years now. Joe, the politician. Joe, the servant of SC. Joe, the gentle giant.

Joe the HECKLER??? In a million years, I never would have seen that coming. He may as well have stood up and said, "Liar, liar, pants on fire!"

I am not a political expert like Tim Russert or people like him. But I'm not an idiot either. What exactly is every one's beef with President Obama? As far as I can tell, he has done everything he promised he would do. For years, people have pushed for Health care Reform in this country. He is taking action. Not just words, but real action. The President articulated his vision for America during his campaign and has made it widely available for us to read. He communicates through all the social media. If you don't know what he stands for by now, that is your own fault, quite frankly.

I would really hate to think that the fact of the President's skin color is at the root of all the "political grandstanding." I would hate to think that that is what all the heckling is about. There is one race: the HUMAN race. SC needs to grow up. If President Obama succeeds or fails, it will have nothing to do with his skin color. He is a very intelligent man and a genuine leader. Not to mention a tireless public servant.

I love SC. I have lived here most of my life. It is a great place to live and raise a family. SC Politicians would serve us better by keeping their bigotry and ignorance at home, or step aside. I am so embarassed by this state right now. You probably are too.

So let's get over ourselves and fix it.
Post a Comment