Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Stuff

Much has been going on of late. We are moving into a new home on June 1. We will be living literally up the road and around the corner from where we are now. Our current address is 139, and we will be moving to 330. We looked in Irmo, Columbia, and Lexington, but this one sort of dropped in our laps. 4BR, 2.5 bath, his and her sinks in the Master Bath, large fenced in yard, more than double our current square footage, a huge deck, and a nice 2 story barn in the back. The second floor of the barn will become a Fun Room at some point. You'll be invited, I promise!

About a month ago I had my truck serviced and it has been great. Until Monday, that is. The serpentine belt decided to come off while I was braving the commute home. I managed to get the truck home, and I will probably be able to replace the belt on Saturday, weather permitting. For now, the wife unit is driving me to and from work. She's such a trooper.

Speaking of work, I had another terrific month in April. May is starting off kind of slow, but I am confident it will pick up once school is out.

School is out??? Is it that time again already?? I think all the kids need to get jobs. A least the cats should help out with the household chores. Congrats to my daughter Jenna for being awarded SC Junior Scholar and Spanish Excellence Awards. I am proud of all of my children. They should all get awards! Awards or not, I have always believed that the accomplishment of a thing is it's own reward.

Today is Wednesday, and I am sleepy. Kids all come home tonight and remain for the weekend. Don't forget Mom on Mother's Day!
Post a Comment