Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Flu Continues To Fly


As of right now, Tracy and three kids are down with the flu. So far, I am flu free. With the miracle of hand-sanitizer and Lysol, I expect to remain free.

Had an interview today with Chipco Computers. It seems my technical and sales background may finally have some use. If hired, I will begin Monday morning at 8:00. Boo yah! At Chipco, I may have found a place to call home. Turnover is very low, and they want longevity in their people. At 41 years old, I am not as marketable as I was back in the 1990s. I still have a lot to offer, though, and I may have found a good match for my skills and experience. Not only this, but I will also have my own cubicle and a smokin' PC to use. Good benefits and retirement are also available after 90 days. I should hear from them on the morrow.

I have also begun the SlimFast diet today. Despite my exercising, I am not losing the weight. Not gaining, but not losing either. I'm going to do this for about a month and see what happens. I weighed in today at 250. This is the most I have ever weighed in my life. Not good. Not good at all. My goal is 70 pounds. That's right: 7 - 0. It make take me the rest of 2009, but I will work hard at it. The double chin has got to go.

I also got some money in the mail today from Tech. Rent is paid, and tomorrow I will take care of the vehicle taxes. My tax refund should hit the bank tomorrow. Just in time for a Valentine's Day surprise for Tracy. More on this later.
Post a Comment