Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunday

I am off today. I slept late. It is quiet right now. Soon wife and step-kids will return and the all-too-usual chaos will resume. To quote Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

I noticed that I am not the only blogger in my circle who seems to have little to say lately. What is there to post about besides the upcoming "election," high gas prices, economic collapse and government bailout (who will bail the gov't out I ask?), work, and football? For me, not much.

I struggle to find faith in all of this. I am trying to find my spiritual footing once again. I'm looking for a place to stand.

I am struggling with the inevitability of aging. One of my co-workers passed away last week. He was only 58. That is not very old. I am a lot closer to 58 than I used to be. I thought kickboxing would be good for me, but lately my left shoulder is killing me. I haven't wrestled since May. I'm not sure if I can anymore. I am getting more gray hair and I am tired all the time. I have been working out since June, and I have lost 10 lbs, but no more. It seems to be harder to lose weight than it used to be.

I am still young. I am relatively healthy. I have more of my hair than I should. My kids still want me around. There is still much to be thankful for in an age of uncertainty and possibility.

So much typing. I think I need a nap.
Post a Comment