Tuesday, October 21, 2008

6 Quirky Things About Me

Tagged awhile back by Rick and Caryn, I offer 6 quirky things about myself. Though it would be much easier to post quirky things about Rick and Caryn (ha ha), I will do my best. It was hard to narrow the quirks down to only 6.

  1. I have an odd taste in music. I would rather listen to Sinatra or Tony Bennett than anything mainstream. I also dig Hall and Oates and Manilow. Yet some days I will go completely metal. Classic Rock is always good for me. I find it quirky that I was born in the 60s, raised in the 80s, and yet I prefer the music of the 70s. I don't have an iPod (yet) but when I get one and load it, it will be all over the place.
  2. I can't draw very well, but I am a great doodler.
  3. When I am in the men's room, washing my hands or what-have-you, when I hear a bathroom noise from one of the stalls, I immediately recall an incident in the new 100 hall at AHS in 1986. Steve Ritter and I were in the men's room and a noise escaped the stall. The look on Steve's face is as clear to me 20 years later as it was then. Bottom line is: I have to control myself from laughing in the men's room. Not because of the noises, but because of the look on Ritter's face. Classic! I am so immature at times. Isn't it wonderful?
  4. I love to read, but I seldom complete a book right away. Right now I have about 11 books I am reading. Whichever one I'm in the mood for, I pick up and read. Then I may not pick it up again for a month. I do eventually finish books, but not very expediently. Now and then I may find a book that I cannot put down. Still waiting for Caryn's book...
  5. I have a shoebox full of pictures that I am finally getting around to putting in an album. Don't be surprised if a photo shows up on my blog of me with any of my blogger pals "back in the day." You have been warned.
  6. My family heritage is important to me. I have discovered many things online about my ancestors. I am currently working with a museum about retrieving a wood carving done by my great-great-great-great grandfather, Torbjorn Vick.

I hereby tag you, but only if you want to play.

Post a Comment