Saturday, August 02, 2008

A Week, A Job, A Perspective Shift

I am not complaining. I truly enjoy my work. More than I have enjoyed a job in a long time. My problem is, "Where have I been for the last 20 years?"

My friends have always spoken of deadlines, meetings, Friday crunches, pressure, politics, and long hours. At 40, I am just now getting it.

I was in the ministry for the last 20 years. There were meetings, sure. Pressure? Maybe. But the life I led there is completely different from the life I lead now in terms of work. I never saw the ministry as work. I got paid to teach, preach, mingle, counsel, and eat...a lot. It was fun, and I got paid.

Now I work for a living. I think I prefer it this way. The money is better and the people are much nicer...well at least more tolerable.
Post a Comment