Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Four-Letter Word

W-O-R-K.

I have been spending much time on the job lately, with very little time for a 3 letter word, "F-U-N." My recent promotion to Lead Technician has brought with it many new challenges and opportunities to grow professionally and personally, as well as some more gray hairs. It's all good, and I am enjoying what I do.

The children are all back in school and summer vacation is officially over. For THEM, that is. Dad did not get a vacation.

I'm not sure why, but I have been listening to Manilow in the vehicle a lot lately. His music has laid the soundtrack for much of my life journey. Keeps me mellow I suppose. Would still love to catch him in Vegas. Jay, let's do it.

I finally have a day off and I am grateful for that. I will try and catch up on some some sleep. I will start now, with a nap.
Post a Comment