Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Ache, Therefore I Am

The last two days at the gym have been awesome. I have started working out with a group of young guys who are pushing me to my limit. In short, when I left the gym today, every muscle from my neck down was shaking. I will feel it tomorrow for sure, but I needed it.

In other news, I start school in August at Midlands Tech. I am going to pick up an Associates Degree in Computer Technology. This will open some good doors at work down the road. What's even better is that my out of pocket cost will be ZERO.

A Bowflex body and a free education. Not bad for a middle aged, overweight, ex-preacher, pro wrestling try-to-be, who married out of my league and has children who rock!

Speaking of which, Tracy and I, with our struggling credit, have been approved for our new home. In a nutshell, here is what happened:

It was Saturday at approximately 6:00 pm. We were on our way to yet another home place, only to find out they were closed. On a whim, I suggested a place close to the airport that we had talked about visiting before. We pull up and out the door walks Mr. Clarence Pope, a man who I have known for over 25 years. He pulled in a few favors, and we will soon be owners of a fine new home on Tracy's family land. (takes deep breath)

Most of my blogger pals will remember "The Pope." Fondly, I am certain.
Post a Comment