Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas Afterglow/2007 In Review

Work has kept me pretty busy lately. It has been great, though.

We had a nice Christmas. Tracy got an iPod Nano. I got the Die Hard collection. I enjoyed the time with family and ate too much as always.

For the most part, 2007 was great. I blew my goal of losing 30 pounds sometime in April. Perhaps I'll give it another whirl in 2008. The new goal will have to be 50 pounds, though. One too many trips to the table this year, I'm afraid.

In 2007:
- My vehicle was paid off.
- I was laid off from a job.
- I got a better job.
- I turned 40.
- I went to Seattle.
- I wrestled my first match in 2.5 years. Lost. Chairshot to the head.
- I learned to speak Unix (I have a nice cheat sheet).
- I lost 17 pounds, and then gained 35.
- I took a generational photo with my Dad's brother and my son.
- My wife inherited some family property.
- I rediscovered The X-Files.
- I saw some fine jazz and blues.
- Van Halen reunited with David Lee Roth.
- George and Steve (and Mot) joined the blogosphere.
- Packers are 13-3. Curse the Bears!
- I almost became a cop.
- I applied to the FBI as a Field Agent. I'm too old. 39 is the cutoff. Bummer.
- I threw snowballs at James in Seattle. We celebrated with a Smithwicks or 8.
- I have nearly lost all interest in organized Christianity.
- I upgraded my cell phone.
- I continued my search for M. Homer.
- I missed two fun engagements with CHUCK, Rick and George.
- I discovered a grey armpit hair.
- I made friends with 2 gay people.
- I grew my hair back out.
- I grew my back hair out.
- I read 19 books.
- I watched approximately 1,092 hours of TV.
- I made two trips to the ER. One by ambulance. Vertigo. Sheesh.
- I managed Buff Bagwell for one show.
- I met The Rocker Marty Jannetty.
- I got beatdown twice by T-Money. My family laughed.
- I had my trust broken by someone very close to me.
- I put 42,000 miles on my truck (remember the one that's PAID for?)
- I learned to respect Oprah.
- I quit watching ER.
- I started watching "Tell Me You Love Me" on HBO. (ER is far less risque')
- I sent out 89 resumes and had four interviews.
- I started exercising again. Then stopped. Then started. Then stopped. Sigh.
- I had a good time with all the people I love and look forward to more of the same next year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Post a Comment