Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Spreading Some Cinematic Yuletide Cheer

For those rare quiet holiday moments, allow me to offer my top five favorite Christmas flicks in no particular order:



A Charlie Brown Christmas. No holiday is complete without viewing this classic with your family. I remember that when I was young, there was only one chance per year to watch CB. Now I own the DVD and can watch as many times as I wish!




Frank Capra's It's a Wonderful Life is one of my all time favorite holiday flicks. One of the most stellar performances ever by James Stewart tops this must see Christmas DVD.






Okay, so I dig Die Hard as a pertinent Christmas Classic. Sue me.








The Family Stone is one of the best holiday films I have seen in years. A well-rounded cast headed by Diane Keaton and Sarah Jessica Parker along with Luke Wilson, Craig T. Nelson, and Dermot Mulroney bring Christmas in the 21st century alive. No special effects, no guns, and no explosions (see above). Just well portrayed drama that will tug your heart strings and make you hug your Mom.


I first saw Home Alone on the big screen when it debuted. I have watched it every year since then, and I never tire of it. The first time I watched it, I laughed so hard my ribs ached. My family and I watch it on Thanksgiving night every year. They never tire of it either.
Honorable mentions are The Family Man with Nicolas Cage, and Star Trek: Generations. Merry Christmas and a happy VIEW year!
Post a Comment