Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Movies I Have Finally Seen and What I Think of Them

Superman Returns was more than I ever hoped for. We have an entirely new cast, except for Brando, which was extremely cool. And the producers maintained the original soundtrack which also rocked. It is hard for me to admit this, but I have to give Kudos to Kevin Spacey over Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor. Brilliant! The story showed more than just the Man of Steel's outer strength, but his inner strength as well. I love stories where the hero fights back after much adversity and then triumphs. I can relate.



The Prestige stars Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Hugh Jackman. I was intrigued with this film from beginning to end. Aside from the fact that I am a huge Caine fan, I love a film that reels me in (no pun intended---well maybe it was) and keeps me hanging until the very end. Bravo, two thumbs up, and I look forward to more from Bale.






X-Men: The Last Stand did nothing for me. I read this film as Patrick Stewart, James Marsden, Anna Paquin, and Famke Janssen saying, "That's it. I am not doing anymore X-Men films." After viewing The Last Stand, neither will I.
Post a Comment