Thursday, September 20, 2007

I Can Dream, Can't I?

I am obviously obsessing with turning 40 this year. Some of my comrades are probably a bit unnerved by my continual pining over reaching one score years. In total fairness, this is MY blog, so I can pretty much pine all I want! :o)

Actually, I do not intend to lament the first 39 years here tonight. Instead, I am posting my 40th Birthday Wish List, with emphasis being on the word, "Wish."

  1. The complete set of Ally McBeal on DVD. No, I am not joking.
  2. A Packer game at Lambeau Field complete with Beer and Bratwurst.
  3. A weekend getaway with just me and Tracy.
  4. An alternative wish to #3: a weekend with no kids, pets, or in-laws.
  5. A sky jump. I can already feel the adrenaline!
  6. The financial ability to afford instruction in the art of Jeet Kune Do.
  7. A new tattoo. Either that, or an upgrade to the old tattoo. It looks like it was drawn with a marker.
  8. An evening with James, Jazz, and/or an evening in which I am allowed to be totally sophomoric with James and Jazz.
  9. Tickets to Manilow in Vegas. Maybe throw in a couple grand for the Baccarat table.
  10. A reunion tour of Van Halen with David Lee Roth back at the microphone.
  11. Last but not least, a ride in a Dodge Viper (provided I can fit inside of one!).
  12. In the event that #11 is a "no go" a ride in Rick's mini will do.
  13. Cruise for brunch with Chuck in a 1980 Chevelle/Chevette (sorry for the oversight, Amigo).

Wow, that was fun! Now back to reality. Even though dreams help us keep plugging away.

Post a Comment