Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Blues

While taking time to remember those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom, I also took time to visit the doctor.

I do not like to take medicine. I prefer vitamins or a more holistic type of therapy. Today, however, I have been forced to face certain realities, namely the need for medication. Hopefully my new regimen will be temporary. I am also going back to the doctor on Friday for a complete physical. It has been 4 years since my last one. In addition to the co-pay, I will be rendering my pride for the inevitable prostate exam.

Whoever said life begins at (almost) 40 must have said this BEFORE undergoing this dreadful exam.

I am thinking of Chevy Chase in "Fletch."

"Mooooon River!"

I am going to have lunch now. Charging it to the Underhills.
Post a Comment