Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day, Mom!



I hope you had a great time with all of us today. We are all so thankful to still have you to celebrate with. May you live to be at least 100, and in the process learn to mellow out a bit.
Furthermore, I have not had your potato salad in around 17 years. In fact, I hear that it has been that long since you last cooked. Mom's potato salad, as well as her cole slaw, are one in a million.
My favorite breakfast as a child was Mom's real oatmeal, cooked on the stove like it was meant to be. Served with milk and tablespoons of sugar.
I have Mom to thank for my addiction to coffee as well.
Most of all, thanks to Mom for raising us alone on less than a third of what I make, and yet always having what we needed when we needed it.
Thank you for never missing the ball games and band concerts, which had to be hard to sit through.
You can be difficult at times, especially in crowds, but deep down you have a heart of gold. We all know it, and that's why we tolerate your crap. I love you, Mom.
Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment