Thursday, February 08, 2007

Possible Summer Vacation

My cousin Charlie is a pastor in Thompson Falls, MT. I have always wanted to travel to the northern portion of our great nation. I have been to Seattle, but never Montana. He has invited me to do a revival in June of this year. I am very excited. We may make it a summer vacation.

I can hear the kids now, as adults, saying to their kids, "I remember the summer they made us drive to Montana...37 hours in the vehicle, with Dad stopping in every state and making us get out and walk around. I still have nightmares about that trip!"

I am reminded of a summer vacation from the pages of my own childhood. In the summer of 1979, we drove to Orlando to visit a pre-Epcot Disney World. I seem to recall the trip taking about 14 hours. Not bad, except for the fact that we were in a 1978 Ford Pinto...two adults and four kids. Yes, you read it right. Four of us, aged 12 down to 6, crammed in the backseat of a Pinto through three states. Today I have real trouble in crowds. I have trouble breathing when surrounded by lots of people. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

But I digress.

Anyway, I am really looking forward, kids or not, to spending some time with Charlie and his family in the great state of Montana this year. Two adults and SEVEN kids. I may have to look into an RV rental.
Post a Comment