Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Remembering a Dear Friend



It was on this date six years ago that my dear friend Brenda Smyth succumbed to cancer. Even though it has been six years, it still seems like yesterday. The photo was taken just a short time before her death. We were vacationing together in Pigeon Forge, TN. Brenda and Randy were always so much fun to be with. The smile on my face is mostly from laughter. The two of them cracked me up. Our only concern on this day was choosing which rock to climb on next, and where to enjoy our picnic.

I miss you Brenda. I have a lot of great friends, but there was something special about you. You were more of a sister than a friend. Some people are just not long for this world, but I sure wish we could have kept you around a little longer.

To Randy, Aaron, Tia, and Jordan, I once again wish you a happy holiday season, although I know it is not easy. Your wife and mother made a significant impact on my life, and I will always be grateful for that.

Post a Comment