Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Obligatory Thanksgiving Pre-Game Post



The last several months have been nothing short of a test of my faith and a building of character in me and Tracy. We are not the same people we were when we moved to Walterboro. I believe that we are stronger in our faith, more disciplined in our spiritual life, and more focused on God's plans for us and our family. The best is yet to come.

So, this year, rather than wax nostalgic over my long list of things I am thankful for (though I am no less thankful), I am simply going to list one new thing for which I am thankful. To be sure, there are many new things I could list, but they are all rolled up into one word. Rick, aka, Mr. Coffee, will understand this word as it applies to me.

Without further ado, the new thing I am thankful for this year is: clarity. I have been seeking it for a couple of years now. I have had it, then quickly lost it. But now I have it, and I am going to hang onto it. So many things which have not made sense for a long time have finally come into focus. It took a move to Walterboro, a new pastorate, the transmission dying on my van, the radiator and water pump going out in my truck, my dog dying, a trip to Wisconsin, my grandmother dying, and my wife having surgery to get it. I suppose I could add a renewed sense of purpose to clarity just for good measure.

New doors are opening, changes are coming, and all in all, for the first time in a long time, I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year.

Post a Comment