Monday, November 06, 2006

New Plans

Grandma Vick is still hanging on, bless her heart. Relatives have flown in from all over the country, including myself, to say their goodbyes. If she continues to hang on, I am just going to head back home on Wednesday and wait. When she passes, I believe we will just drive up for her funeral, which I will still be a part of.

I don't think any of us expected that Grandma would still be hanging on. We should not be surprised, though. She has lived an amazing 94 years. Her zest for life is a phenomenon. She lost her husband, my Grandpa, way too early, and yet continued to live each day. She buried two of her children, including my Dad, and while most parents would roll over, she pressed on.

She was given no hope after her stroke, but since I have been here, I have seen her smile, and I am told that she has tried to climb out of her bed. I would not be surprised at all if she actually overcame this. Vick women are strong. I see this even in my daughters.

Unless something changes in the next 2 days, I will be headed home on Wednesday as planned, and then we'll see.
Post a Comment