Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Giving Credit Where It Is Due



After several days of sad posts due to a sad week, I am feeling the need to change the tempo of ye' olde blog back to the cornucopia of fun and nuttiness that it is best known for. Today we deal with the movie industry.

There are movie stars who come and go, and then there are consistent, solid actors who just seem to show up in every film and do excellent work. Lately I have discovered that I really admire the work of Paul Giamatti. He is just one of those "sidekick" actors who makes whoever he is working with shine that much brighter. Apparently he is extremely busy and has a lot of great new films coming out next year. I look forward to that.

Along with guys like Gene Hackman, James Cromwell, and a host of others, Paul Giamatti takes his place in my book as a consistent, consummate actor who increases in value and respect after every project. Check him out in The Cinderella Man, Man on the Moon, or even in Big Fat Liar. He rocks.

I am equally excited about my earlier use of the word, "cornucopia."

Post a Comment