Friday, September 01, 2006

Goodbye Walterboro, Hello Ernesto

Tracy and I are a couple of hours away from leaving for the weekend. It will be our first weekend away (alone) since our honeymoon. We are off to Carolina Beach, NC for my cousin Ben's wedding. It is an honor to officiate this ceremony. Ben and I were really close as kids, and even though I have not seen him in 12 years, we have stayed in touch through email and phone. He is a good guy, and I am happy for him. I am also looking forward to spending some time with my other cousins, Kim and Mike, and their families, and of course, Uncle Bob and Aunt Karen.

Most importantly, I am looking forward to spending 4 days and 3 nights with my wife, minus kids, cats, dogs, homework, and pastoral responsibilities. We have needed this for quite awhile. The last couple years have been tough in some ways, but Tracy and I have weathered the storms together. She is a real trooper, and I can't wait to walk hand in hand on the beach with her...alone...while we are pelted by the remnants of Ernesto.
Post a Comment