Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Ministry: Extreme Rules Apply!

As a member of the pro wrestling community (albeit an inactive member at present), it is with great interest that I have watched the rebirth of ECW, Extreme Championship Wrestling.

This particular genre of professional wrestling requires that the wrestler put their bodies through much more pain and suffering than your standard wrestling brand. The use of chairs, chains, tacks, barbed wire, baseball bats, tables, and other objects of pain and suffering, are commonplace in ECW. Personally, I would prefer to watch and not participate.

In my early wrestling days, I allowed another wrestler to hit me with a chair, just to see what it felt like. It hurt, but not as bad as I thought it would.

Today was my first day at the church as pastor. My main task for today was the unpacking and arranging of the Pastor's Study. n doing so, I had to unload boxes from the back of my pickup truck, onto a furniture dolly, and into the church for unpacking. During one of my trips, the furniture dolly fell back and nailed me on the left of my forehead, giving rise to a lump that would make Wile E. Coyote cringe.

As I made for the kitchen to get some ice, it occurred to me: my first day on the job, and I have been knocked upside the head...Extreme style!

Ouch...
Post a Comment