Friday, July 07, 2006

It's Good to be the Pastor

Today was a really good reminder of why I enjoy the ministry so much. The day started with Mr. Clyde coming over and hooking up our dishwasher. I didn't ask him to do this. He did it because he knew it wasn't hooked up yet, and he wanted his pastor to have a functioning dishwasher (besides the kids or the wife). Because of the old copper piping in this house, it took him over 2 hours to hook it up. He never complained. Not once. He is an amazing man.

Then I visited Mr. and Mrs. K, a lovely couple in the church who haven't been feeling well. They loaded me down with enough squash and cucumbers for me to start my own produce stand. They gave it to me because they love their pastor and his family.

I also made a stop at the local hospital to visit Mr. Clyde's granddaughter and had the chance to minister to her family a bit. Whether my being there made a difference or not remains to be seen. All I know is that today I was Pastor Todd for the first time in three years, and I once thought I never would be again.
Post a Comment