Monday, May 15, 2006

This Sunday: The Vote!

The precious folks at Evergreen Christian Church in Walterboro, SC are going to take a vote this Sunday as to whether or not to call me as full time pastor.

In many ways, I feel that my life has come full circle over the last three years. There was a time not too long ago when I believed beyond a doubt that I would never set foot in a pulpit again. In the last three years, I have lost so much of what gave me my "significance."

So if the vote is in my favor, what then? Am I really the best choice for this church, and vice versa? I suppose that is not for me to ask, but simply to follow the Lord's leading and trust His judgement.

In the event of a "no" vote, what then? I suppose we will find our way back to a church where we can settle in and be used of the Lord in some way.

Regardless of how things go, I am at a good place right now in my walk with the Lord. That I would even be considered by this church is a great honor, and it has been my pleasure to serve as their interim.

In many ways, I feel like Job, though I confess I didn't always respond with the faith that he did to trials and loss. But now I feel like everything I lost has been restored to me and then some. Whether I am a full time pastor or not, I can honestly say that for the first time in three years, I feel hopeful about the future.
Post a Comment