Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Bowl XL Afterglow

As a young child I recall routing for the Steelers. Bradshaw, Swann, Stallworth, Harris, and Mean Joe Greene were the icons of the era.

Last night I wanted the Seahawks to win. Seattle is one of my favorite cities, and Holmgren is one of my favorite coaches. It was nice to see the Steelers pull out another Super Bowl victory, and I think Seattle showed up to play, but just couldn't make the big plays without a penalty. Poor teamwork and a lack of concentration hurt the day for the Seahawks.

Football just isn't what it used to be. Stadiums didn't have roof that you could open and close. If it was hot or cold outside, you dressed accordingly and sat through the game. It was nice to see homage paid to MVPs of the past like Bart Starr and Roger Staubach. Bart Starr led the Packers to victory in snow and ice many a time. Green Bay invented the Super Bowl!

Don't even get me started on the commercials. Seems like millions of dollars could have been better spent.

I'm done ranting; on to the Olympics!
Post a Comment