Friday, January 27, 2006

Top Five Friday Challenge

The Reverend of the Cubicles posted a blog today that I'd like to match. My top five songs that I like, but might not admit it (until today) are:

1) Dean Martin, Ain't That a Kick in the Head. A classic.
2) Gino Vanelli, I Just Wanna Stop. A grossly overlooked talent from the 80s.
3) Tchaikovsky, Romeo and Juliet Overture. Gives me chills every time.
4) Barry White, My First, Last, Everything. The old fox show, Ally McBeal, paid the master of soul his due. If you can't seduce a woman with Barry White, you may as well give it up, pal!
5) Foghat, Slow Ride. Musically speaking, my 7 year old could have written it, but man, it rocks. The live version is amazing. Ok, I am showing my age. 70s rock was raw and needed no spandex, grunge, or big hair. Just talented musicians, on drugs, layin' it down.

Cube Rev, love the new blog look, by the by.
Post a Comment