Monday, January 09, 2006

A Perfect Day

Today's post almost sounds like the title to a children's story, and maybe it is. Yesterday was in many ways, a "perfect" day for me, Tracy, and the bunch.

I preached at a church in Walterboro, SC yesterday. It was my third time there, and I have really come to love these folks. Some of my cousins and my aunt Salli visited and it was a great service. I would love to go back there again.

After church we spent the day at my cousin Jody's horse ranch. Here in Suburbia, my kids have a nice fenced in backyard, but this is nothing compared to the 40-plus acres they were able to roam yesterday. After a nice Sunday dinner, I watched my kids play. I watched them chase chickens, feed horses, climb hay bales, and get really, really dirty. I watched my wife run barefoot in what is most certainly her element. I listened to the peace and quiet, save for the sounds of my laughing offspring.

The weather was sunny and mild. Absolutely gorgeous. The air was fresh and crisp. Breathing was never so pleasant.

By late afternoon, the kids were winding down, and I had spent the day catching up with my extended family. I also made a new friend.

We will certainly go back, and hopefully have another perfect day.
Post a Comment