Friday, December 02, 2005

Guilty Pleasures

Inspired by my close friend Rick, and cyber pal, The Cubicle Reverend, I have elected to participate in a survey.The topic is, "Top Ten Guilty Pleasures." I may actually have more than 10, but I'll try to keep it real. So, here they are, in no particular order:


  1. Professional Wrestling. Not just WWE though they are the Mecca of wrestling. I really prefer the old NWA back in the 80s. Ric Flair was in his prime, and Greg "The Hammer" Valentine was/is so cool. I have loved wrestling since I was 5 years old. Now my son enjoys it with me, though we change the channel when the Divas come out. Of course, my favorite wrestling is WFJ. Mayhem with a message!
  2. KISS will always be, in my opinion, the greatest rock band ever. These guys had it all, talent, charisma, and superior creativity. They are a regular in my CD player.
  3. The 3 Stooges are my favorite comic escape. How can you ever tire of those classic, timeless antics.
  4. Adam Sandler's movies. This guy is so funny and talented.
  5. All the John Hughes classics, Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Weird Science. Anthony Michael Hall was the consummate geek. I am pleased to see his acting career is still doing well and geek free.
  6. The music of Barry Manilow.
  7. The music of Hall and Oates. How can anyone ever tire of these two?
  8. John Boy and Billy Big Show every morning on Fox 102. For a bunch of self-proclaimed rednecks, these guys are really funny in an intellectual sort of way.
  9. Little House on the Prairie. With no father in the house growing up, I can honestly say I was "raised" by Charles Ingalls and his family. I learned values, honesty, and hard work from this show. I think I turned out OK, anyway. I watch it every night now with my children on TV Land.
  10. Doughnuts. I don't buy them, but if someone else buys them and offers them to me, I will not refuse. In my early 20s, I could scarf a dozen all by myself.

Well, there you have it, my top ten guilty pleasures. Say it with me, "BOOOR-ING!"

Thank you for playing.

Post a Comment